Information about the Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga“
The Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga“ is a national trade union, acting on a territorial basis and defending the rights and interests of its members throughout Lithuania in a matters of labor, civil, criminal and administrative law.
Our trade union unites workers of various professions for the common goals – safe and healthy working conditions, dignified salary, respect for workers‘ dignity and family responsibilities, assurance of socio-economic guarantees, development of policies to promote equal opportunities, etc.
Qualified lawyers of the Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” provides free labor law consultations for its members, legally represents its members in the labor dispute commissions and courts, drafts collective agreements, organizes and participates in collective bargaining. Every Thursday, the Lithuanian trade union “Sandrauga” provides free legal consultations for its members in a matters of civil, criminal and administrative law. As a social partner, Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” cooperates with the State Labor Inspectorate and other institutions of the Republic of Lithuania.
We invite you to become a member of the Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga”. By working together, we can achieve a reasonable salary for a public servant, statutory officer, doctor, teacher, transport worker, public utility worker, or other professional, and secure safe and healthy working conditions, as well as strong social and economic guarantees.
The administration of Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” protects and represents its members without harming them, as it is the only trade union in Lithuania that ensures the absolute confidentiality of its membership – “INVISIBLE MEMBERSHIP”, which is based on Scandinavian practice, when the union membership fee is deductible through bank account. In this way, the employer cannot find out that you belong to the Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga”!
The Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” covers 18 sectors of activity
Objectives and activities of the Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga”:
- The Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” is a member of the Tripartite Council of the Republic of Lithuania and it has the right to control labor, social and economic laws concerning rights of its members;
- We use our right of appeal against employers’ orders, irrational and inappropriate decisions that violate the labor, economic and social rights of our members established by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania;
- We organize and support campaigns protecting the rights of trade unions members and all employees and cooperate with other Lithuanian and European trade unions;
- We monitor employers in cooperation with institutions of the Republic of Lithuania
- Increasing employee bargaining power with employers, reducing discriminatory actions in the workplace;
- We educate workers about their rights;
- We provide support and assistance to the employee (socio-economic aspects);
- In exceptional circumstances we provide material assistance and support of our members;
- We use social networks to inform the public about our activities;
- We provide legal assistance to our members
- We promote social responsibility of employers.
Priorities of the Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga”:
- Legal assistance to its members:
- Legal representation of its members;
- Promotion of social dialogue;
- Support of its members
- Providing information about trade unions’ movement in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Response, group reserve preparation (demonstrations, protests, strikes, etc.).
The activities of Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” are based on the practice of European countries. Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” is a member of the international organization CESI (European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions).
Mission of Lithuanian Trade Union “Sandrauga” is to defend and represent its members!